Ever since we started our business, we often get asked, "how long should my carpet last?" Our reply has always been that it depends on how well you maintain it--doing things like vacuuming every day and having it professionally cleaned at least once a year. When you purchase your carpet you should receive information on caring for your carpet. If the information is from the carpet manufacturer, it will include how to clean your carpet properly. In 18 years of carpet care, I have seen 2-year-old carpet look like 12 years old and 12-year-old carpet look 2 years old--it all depends on how you maintain it.
Here at BJ Carpet Care, we take pride in cleaning and caring for carpet, furniture and drapery. In closing, here are a couple of questions you need to ask when hiring a carpet cleaning company. The answers given to these questions should be given without hesitation:
1. What is the temperature of the water you use?
2. How much water is used during the carpet cleaning process?
3. How much water do you extract during the carpet cleaning process?
4. Do you bring your own water?
5. Do you take the dirty water back with you?
6. Are you certified for carpet cleaning? If yes, with who?
The life of your carpet boils down to the important task of maintaining your carpet. Proper maintenance includes vacuuming, keeping dirty shoes off it, and having it cleaned by a certified, professional company.
We'd love to hear from you. Let us know how this blog can better serve you!